About Shoemaking Workshops
The two-day Shoemaking Workshop offers an unique experience to create your very own pair of shoes!
- In this course you will learn to make a custom pattern for your foot and how to lay out the pattern on the leather.
- Learn how to dye the leather and how to sew your shoe.
- You will choose your colour for leather and the colour of thread and you can personalise your shoes with stamps and acrylic markers.
- We will be using all hand tools and anyone can do it with a little strength and patience.
- You will leave with a custom pair of your own handcrafted leather shoes, suggestions for sourcing tools and materials, and the skills to make your next pair of shoes!
Drop out of “normal life” for a weekend and have a wonderful time learning a new skill!
Group Shoemaking Workshop
2 day shoemaking workshop for max. 5 people. This workshop is suitable for beginners. You will be making one pair of leather shoes (ankle boots or ballerinas). You will receive all materials and will be using only hand tools to make your shoes.
2 day private shoemaking workshop for max. 2 people in the heart of the Wicklow mountains. The dates for this shoemaking reatreat are flexible and you can choose the style of shoes you make. Included is glamping in a cosy yurt, 1x breakfast and 2x lunch, tea/coffe and home baked treats. A hike in the surrounding mountains is also an option.
Join the Introduction to Shoemaking Facebook group to be the first to know about new workshops and get tips on shoemaking.